Saturday, January 21, 2012

Crazy Good Coconut Bars!!

So, I stole this idea from Elana's Pantry and changed it up just a bit.  Well, all I did was take out some of the sugar from the recipe. :) These bars are so moist and very coconutty!  We loved them and will definitely be making them again.  


Coconut Bars
3 eggs
1 c. coconut milk
1/3 c. coconut oil
1/3 c. honey
1T. vanilla extract
1/2 c. almond flour
1 T. coconut flour
1 1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut 
1/4 t. sea salt
Mix eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract in food processor.  Pulse in almond flour, coconut flour, shredded coconut, and salt.  Transfer ingredients to an 8x8 baking dish.  Bake at 350º for 30 minutes.  Cool for 1/2 an hour and transfer to fridge.  Serve cold.


Why I chose to take a picture of this on a yellow plate is beyond me.  I've got a lot to learn when it comes to taking pictures...

2 comments: