Thursday, March 11, 2010

Coconut Curry Chicken


I have never tried curry and I have to say I am now a fan!  This recipe (Cate's Nutrition Kitchen) was amazing!  The chicken was juicy and flavorful.  The veggies were cooked just right and tasted delicious.  My husband was out of town when I made this, so I will be making it again really soon.  He shouldn't miss out on a good dinner because he has to travel (plus I just want to have it again).  :)

Coconut Curry Chicken 
2 lbs. chicken, thighs
1 T. coconut oil
1 can coconut milk
1 T. tamari sauce
1 T. curry powder
1 T. ginger, freshly minced
2 whole carrots, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
1 whole yam, peeled and diced
3 stalks celery, sliced into 1" chunks
1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into 3" chunks
1/2 c. cilantro, finely chopped

Soak chicken in cold, salted water for 30 minutes.  Drain and dry chicken.  Heat large skillet over medium heat.  Add oil, then sear chicken for 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.  Place chicken in 9x13 baking dish.  Add coconut milk, tamari, curry, ginger to skillet and scrape bottom of pan to deglaze.  Add all veggies to baking dish, then cover with coconut milk mixture.  Cover dish with foil. Bake at 350º for 1 hour or until chicken cooked through.  Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment