Thursday, September 2, 2010

Zesty Pork Chops

So, these are my favorite way to have pork chops.  The flavors complement each other so well and leave me feeling fully satisfied!  I made the sauce to go with them for dinner and forgot to bring it out when we were eating and they were fantastic without it.  Then remembered to have it the next day for lunch and it was so delicious.  I even had to ask Dean to leave me the last one so I could have it for lunch the next day.  I have a few recipes that I rotate through more often and this will be added to that list for sure.  I came across this recipe in a... you guessed it - a magazine.  Definitely changed it up to make it gluten-free, though.


Zesty Pork Chops
4 boneless pork chops
1 c. almond flour
2 t. dried oregano
1 t. sea salt
Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
2 T. olive oil
1/2 c. olive oil mayo
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4. t. paprika


Preheat oven to 400º.   Combine almond flour, oregano, salt, lemon zest in shallow dish/bowl.  Set 1 T. of the lemon juice aside for sauce.  Place rest of lemon juice in shallow dish/bowl.  Dip pork chops into lemon juice, then place chop in almond flour mixture and coat both sides with breading.  Heat oil in oven-proof  skillet over medium heat.  Saute pork chops on one side until brown and crispy - about 5-6 minutes.  Flip chops and place whole skillet, uncovered, in oven.  Roast 10 minutes.  Remove pan from oven and loosely cover with foil, let meat rest 5 minutes.  Stir together mayo, garlic, paprika, lemon juice in small bowl.  Serve with pork chops.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love porks chops and I'm going to have to try these for sure. My biggest problem is not getting my grocery list intact before I go to the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete