Monday, September 20, 2010

Fish Sticks

Sometimes my girls surprise me with what food they like and dislike.  Lately they have been loving fish sticks (the frozen gluten-free fish sticks).  So, I decided to make my own for the girls.  They both looked at them and told me they didn't like them - getting used to this reaction to food I place in front of them.  After I told them I wasn't going to make them anything else for dinner, they decided to try them.  And guess what?  They loved them.  :)




Fish Sticks
1 lb. tilapia
1/4 c. olive oil mayo
2 T. lemon juice
1 c. almond flour
sea salt and pepper to taste
Cut fish into "sticks."  Sprinkle desired amount of salt and pepper onto each stick.  Mix mayo and lemon juice and place into small bowl.  Place almond flour into another small bowl.  Dip sticks into mayo mixture then cover with almond flour.  Place sticks on greased baking sheet.  Bake at 450º for 10-12 minutes.  Broil for an additional 1 minute until golden brown.  Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment