Monday, June 14, 2010

Peach Chicken and Apple Salad

I am so excited for all of the delicious, fresh, sweet fruit coming our way - now that warmer weather is upon us.  I had some peaches and apples in my Door to Door Organics box and decided to use them for dinner.  And it was a delicious dinner!  So simple, but so good.  Both recipes came from Elana's Pantry and I changed them just a bit based on what I had on hand.  

So, I forgot to get a picture of the chicken before I cut into it.  Guess I was too hungry.  :)

Peach Chicken
(1) 3 pound chicken
¼ cup 
grapeseed oil
1 tablespoon 
celtic sea salt
6 peaches, quartered
4 shallots, halved
ground thyme
Rinse chicken, pat dry, place in 9x13 baking dish.  Rub with oil, season with salt.  Sprinkle thyme over chicken.  Scatter peaches, shallots around chicken.  Roast at 400º for 60-90 minutes.  Serve with peaches and pan sauce.  

Apple Salad
5 cups greens
1 apple, cut into bite-size pieces
¼ cup dried cranberries
1 cup walnuts
2 tablespoons 
olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
In a large bowl, place greens, apple, dried cranberries, walnuts.  Drizzle olive oil and vinegar over salad.  Toss and serve.


1 comment:

  1. This is perfect. Being creative and idealistic is a good thing. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete