Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bacon-Wrapped Dates

We had a BBQ at EmerFit for Memorial Day and I decided to bring these tasty little treats.  I had been looking for a group of people to try them out on and knew my fellow gym friends wouldn't mind.  :)  These were gone before the rest of the food was even ready.  They are delicious!!!  


Bacon-Wrapped Dates
16 oz. pitted dates
raw, unsalted whole almonds
2 lb. bacon, sliced in half
toothpicks
Preheat broiler.  Place 1 almond inside date.  Wrap 1/2 piece bacon around date.  Secure with toothpick.  Broil about 10 minutes, until evenly browned and crisp.  Watch them closely so they don't burn (believe me - I've done it).   :)

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhh yes, here they are! Fantastic! The sweet of the date with the salty of the bacon with the added texture of the almond! A whole lot of yumminess rolled into a single bite!

    ReplyDelete