Thursday, February 4, 2010

Frittata

So, this was our breakfast the other day.  I continually try to make sure I am getting enough vegetables each day.  I have learned the easiest way to do that is to have veggies in my eggs for breakfast.  I just made this frittata with the veggies we had in the fridge.  There are so many different ways to make this - exciting, right?!  :)  I am not the greatest with measurements when I am making my own stuff up (I will pay closer attention next time).


Frittata
6 eggs
2 handfuls spinach
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 c. cooked steak, cut into bite-size pieces
sea salt/pepper/garlic powder
coconut oil


-Turn on broiler and adjust top oven rack to 4-6" from top of oven.
-Coat skillet with coconut oil.  (Make sure your skillet is oven proof!) Warm on medium heat.
-Saute onion and pepper until soft.  Add spinach and saute until just wilted.
-Add steak (or any meat as long as it is already cooked) and cook until heated up.
-Whisk eggs in bowl and add salt/pepper/garlic powder
-Add eggs to skillet, stirring just to evenly distribute meat and veggies through eggs.
-Cook for about 2 minutes (eggs in center will still be runny)
-Put skillet in oven and broil for about 2 minutes (or until eggs are cooked and golden brown)
-Remove from oven and let sit for a couple of minutes to completely finish cooking.
-Cut into wedges (I was calling ours egg pizza).  Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment