Monday, April 5, 2010

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cake



I figured we were due for a baked good and I came across this recipe from "The Spunky Coconut Cookbook."  This cake is soooo tasty!  My girls absolutely loved it and kept asking for more.  It is so fluffy, moist and satisfying!  Delicious!!

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cake
1/4 c. coconut flour
2 c. shredded coconut
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/4 c. dairy-free chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
6 egg whites
2 t. vanilla
1/4 c. honey
2 t. coconut oil, liquefied
pinch of sea salt

In one bowl mix: coconut flour, shredded coconut, baking soda, baking powder, chocolate chips.  In separate bowl beat egg whites to form soft peaks.  While beating eggs add: vanilla, honey, coconut oil, sea salt.  Add whites to dry ingredients and gently fold together.  Pour into 8x8 greased dish.  Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top.  Bake at 325º for 25 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. I think I just need to live near you. Everything just looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete