Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Breakfast Salad

Something really weird has happened. People only come to me for healthy recipes and only share healthy recipes. I used to be the one that everyone came to when they wanted to eat bad and not feel guilty because I was a strong supporter of unhealthy food. Ha!

This next recipe has come to me from a friend at church. As soon as she listed off the ingredients I knew it was going to be delicious - and it is! I call it my Breakfast Salad because of the ingredients, but eat it at all times of the day.


Breakfast Salad
Spinach (amount depends on how much you want)
1 boiled egg, cut up
1-2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
olive oil
fresh lime juice
sea salt and pepper

Drizzle enough olive oil to lightly coat spinach. Squeeze fresh lime juice to desired taste (I usually use 1/3 of a lime in my salad). Mix until all spinach is coated in oil and juice. Add cut up boiled egg and crumbled bacon to salad. Sprinkle desired amount of sea salt and pepper.



No comments:

Post a Comment