Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lemon Cilantro Chicken


Lemon Cilantro Chicken
whole chicken (4-6 lbs.)
1 head garlic, peeled/cloves whole
1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
1 lemon, sliced
sea salt and pepper

-Skin chicken and remove innards.
-Rub it down inside and out with sea salt and pepper.
-Place chicken in crock pot.
-Fill inside of chicken with garlic cloves, scattering some outside as well. So same with cilantro.
-Place lemon slices around chicken.
-Cook on low 6-8 hours.

This chicken is so moist and has great flavor! It is a great option for dinner and provides leftovers for lunch the next day (or for a few days if you are eating it by yourself). I LOVE roasted chicken! I used to buy the ready-made roasted chickens from the grocery stores (which I still do on occasion), but now I can flavor them however I want and my dinner is ready and waiting for me to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment