Friday, November 6, 2009

Snack Time

If you have ever been to our house, you would know we love to snack. In changing the way I eat, I had to change the kind of snacks I consume. I have made a list of some of my favorite snacks. Ok, some of these are not my favorite, but I eat them because I know my body needs them (i.e. raw veggies). When it comes to produce, I try to buy what is on sale - so what I have available for snacks and meals may change.

These are easy snacks to take on the go and fill me the most (especially in the late afternoon). Some good snack ideas:

boiled egg
deli meat
apple with almond butter
unsweetened applesauce
carrot/baby carrots
raw broccoli/cauliflower
orange
raisins (just a few to help satisfy my sweet cravings)
pistachios
almonds
pecans
Larabar - apple pie is my favorite



No comments:

Post a Comment