Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Chicken and Spinach

The hardest meal of the day for me is lunch. I don't have the time to prepare a whole meal like dinner, but still want to make sure I am getting good protein and veggies. I love when we have leftover meat from dinner the night before that I can easily warm up for lunch. Today I had "Mustard Lime Chicken" with a spinach smoothie. YUM!

The chicken had a tangy flavor that was so good. And it was easy to make (always a plus in my book)!

Mustard Lime Chicken
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
½ cup fresh lime juice
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ cup
dijon mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
½ tsp
celtic sea salt
½ tsp pepper
Combine lime juice, cilantro, mustard, olive oil, chili, salt and pepper in a food processor.
Pulse until ingredients are well combined.
Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry and place in 11x7 pyrex baking dish.
Pour marinade over chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to 6 hours.
Heat grill and cook chicken for 5-7 minutes each side, until browned and cooked in the center.
Serve!


The spinach smoothie recipe was given to me by my friend, Tracee. I got the recipe last week and have made it everyday this week! It is AMAZING! You have to try it! It is sweet and satisfying. Great way to get more greens in your day, too!

Spinach Smoothie
1 banana
1/2 c. coconut milk/water
2-4 handfuls of spinach (your preference)
1 scoop egg white protein powder
big squirt flax oil (I have also used olive oil)
ice
Put all ingredients in blender and blend. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment