Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chicken Sausage Skillet

So, I am a late bloomer.  Always have been and apparently always will be...  I am just now discovering chicken sausage!  What?!  Not sure how I have missed these for the past couple years, but I am so happy I finally tried them.  I bought some without a single clue as to what to do with them.  So, here is one recipe I came up with on the spot.  So good!


Chicken Sausage Skillet
3 chicken sausage links, cooked and sliced (I used green chili chicken sausage)
2 T. oil
1 medium sweet potato, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 c. broccoli, chopped
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1/2 t. chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
Warm up oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add sweet potato, red pepper, broccoli, spices.  Mix well.  Cover and let veggies steam for 6-8 minutes or until potatoes are tender.  Add sliced chicken sausage.  Cover.  Cook long enough for sausage to heat up - takes 2-3 minutes.  Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment