Monday, August 16, 2010

Pork and Worms?

I have been noticing that my food tastes really good, but sometimes doesn't look so appealing.  :)  This is one of those...  When I was looking back at the pictures I took of this dish I thought there were worms crawling over my pork.  Well, all I can say is they were some yummy worms!  :)  




Pork with Orange Sauce
4 large carrots, cut into 1" chunks
1 whole pork tenderloin, about 1 pound
1 large navel orange
1 t. olive oil
1 small red onion
In 9" glass pie plate, combine carrots with 1/3 c. water.  Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave 6-7 minutes or until tender.  Cut pork into 1 1/4 " thick slices.  Press each slice to flatten slightly.  Season both sides with sea salt and pepper.  From orange, zest 1/2 t. peel and squeeze 1/2 c. juice.  Heat large skillet on medium-high heat until hot.  Add oil, then pork in a single layer.  Sprinkle onion around pork.  Cook 4 minutes or until pork browns.  Turn pork over and stir onion.  Cook an additional 4 minutes or until pork is barely pink in center.  Transfer pork to plate, leave onion in skillet.  Add orange peel, orange juice to skillet, cook 1 minute.  Stir occasionally.  Serve pork over carrots, then top with onions. 


(Another modified recipe taken from Light & Delish magazine) 

No comments:

Post a Comment