Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pork Loin/Brussel Sprouts


Pork Tenderloin
pork loin
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
black pepper
sea salt
onion powder
ground mustard
Mrs. Dash - Onion & Herb
olive oil
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Trim any visible fat from pork loin and rub with a little olive oil. Season with garlic, pepper, sea salt, ground mustard, Mrs. Dash, and onion powder. Bake for about 30-45 minutes (or until internal temperature reaches 175 degrees).

So, I baked this a little too long and it ended up dry. :( The seasoning has great flavor, though.

A friend shared her recipe for brussel sprouts with me to help me vary the kind of vegetables I make for my family. I had never tried them before and like them (at least prepared this way).

Sauteed Brussel Sprouts
1 lb. brussel sprouts
1/4 c olive oil
juice from 1-2 limes
sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Cut sprouts in half. Lay flat on cutting board. Cut each half into julienned strips. (I used the slicing disc on my food processor). Heat large skillet over medium hight heat. Heat olive oil. Add sprouts and saute until tender about 6-10 minutes. Season with lime juice, salt, pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment