Saturday, January 7, 2012

Coconut Crepes

I had a crepe recipe on my blog that is really good, but I have been wanting to try them without adding any sugar.  Well, the wait is over...  I have a tasty new recipe for crepes, now!  We put fresh fruit in the middle, wrapped it up and added a little more fresh fruit on top.  De.Li.Cious!  




Coconut Crepes
4 eggs
4 T. coconut flour, sifted
6 T. coconut milk
4 T. grapeseed or melted coconut oil
4 T. water
2 t. vanilla extract
1/4 t. sea salt
pinch cinnamon
Beat the eggs in a medium bowl.  Add rest of the ingredients, mix well.  Pour 1/3 cup of the batter into a medium sized skillet over medium low heat.  Tilt the pan around so the batter fills the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.  Allow crepe to cook all the way through, flip and cook for another few seconds.  (Cooking these takes a little bit of practice - we smooshed up 2 or 3 of them before we got the hang of it.)  Serve warm with fruit!  

4 comments:

  1. That looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look SO good! I think I'm going to make them for this week's Sunday breakfast! I love that this recipe is all about coconut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE coconut! You will probably notice that if you check out any more of my recipes. :) Hope you like 'em!

      Delete