Friday, February 18, 2011

Chocolate-covered Bacon

I have been wanting to try chocolate-covered bacon for some time now.  I was invited to a Super Bowl party and needed to bring a sweet treat.  I figured this was my perfect opportunity.  My daughter ended up getting sick, so we weren't able to go.  :(  The bright side of that situation was that my husband and I got to eat all of the bacon ourselves (and no, we didn't eat it all in one night :)).  It was sooo good!  



Chocolate-covered Bacon
1 package bacon, sliced in half
1/2 bag of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips 
Preheat oven to 400º.  Cover baking sheet with foil.  Lay bacon down on foil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned.  Allow to cool on paper towel - gives it time to get crispy.  Warm chocolate chips in small bowl in microwave for about 2 minutes or until melted.  Spoon chocolate onto bacon.  Place chocolate-covered bacon on parchment paper.  Allow to cool in refrigerator. Enjoy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment