Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Apple sandwiches

One night while I was at the gym, Dean decided to make an apple a little more exciting for the girls.  He cored it, sliced it and called it an "apple donut."  The girls loved that it was called a donut!  I decided to make it even more of a treat for me and Dean.  Very filling and very satisfying.  Yum!


Apple sandwiches
1 apple, cored and sliced
Almond butter
Sunbutter
Shredded, unsweetened coconut
Raisins


Spread desired amount of either the almond or sunbutter on the apple slices.  Add raisins and coconut.  Top with another apple slice or eat it open-faced.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! This is such a great idea! Apple, almond butter and coconut is one of my favorite snack combinations! I'm definitely trying this as soon as I get home!

    ReplyDelete