Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tomato Baked Chicken

I love when I come across recipes that are easy and require less than 7 ingredients!  I have this old stack of food magazines in my kitchen cabinet and decided to go searching for a new recipe for dinner.  I really enjoy coming across something I know we will like and getting to change it to make it healthier for my family.  This was one of those; it came from a little Kraft recipe book.  My husband took the leftovers for lunch the next day and asked that I make this meal again really soon - it was a success!  



Tomato Baked Chicken
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes drained
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/4 c. almond flour

Place onions in greased 9x13 baking dish.  Top with chicken.  Combine tomatoes, dressing, garlic powder; pour over chicken.  Sprinkle with almond flour.  Bake at 425º for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

We served ours over sliced, cooked zucchini "noodles"

1 comment:

  1. Marlena,

    I tried this recipe last week and I'm hooked. I've since made it again for my family and they loved it. Thanks for the great recipes!!

    ReplyDelete