Friday, May 14, 2010

Tuna Stuffed Avocado

I had a friend (thanks Tracee!) recommend I try this recipe.  She found it on Everyday Paleo and raved about how much she and her family liked it.  So, of course, I had to try it.  I changed the recipe just a bit based on what I had at home.  I made this for lunch and it was gone in minutes - it is amazing!  So excited to have this again.  :)


Tuna Stuffed Avocado
1 avocado, sliced lengthwise, pit removed
1 can tuna packed in water
1 green onion
1/2 t. dried dill
1/4 t. garlic powder
pinch celery salt
diced pickles slices (as many as desired)


Olive Oil Mayo
1 egg
1 1/2 T. apple cider vinegar
pinch sea salt
few shakes cayenne pepper
1 t. yellow mustard
1 c. olive oil
In food processor, process egg, vinegar, mustard, cayenne, salt for 5 seconds.  Slowly add olive oil and process for another 5-10 seconds.


Mix together tuna, green onion, pickles, spices. Mix tuna mixture with as much mayo as desired.  Scoop into halved avocados.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment