Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chicken Meatballs


I came across this recipe (The Spunky Coconut Cookbook) and thought they sounded good and I am always looking for a way to hide vegetables.  First, I was surprised at how easy they were to make!  I love when recipes don't take much preparation time.  Second, they were a hit!  I have a super picky eater in my house (my 3-year-old, Brisea) and she doesn't try anything I fix for dinner until we make her try it.  She is usually ok trying something if she know it is chicken.  I put these in front of her and she dug right in - she even asked for more!  And neither one of my girls complained having it the next day for lunch.  So, I made some homemade tomato sauce to go along with them (and it was not good).  But I do have another recipe for tomato sauce (The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook) that tastes great and I would use this one next time (recipe below).

Chicken Meatballs
3/4 c. almond flour
2 stalks celery
2 carrots
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
handful parsley
2 beaten eggs
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. sea salt

Add to food processor: almond flour.  Process to make sure there are no big lumps.  Pour into large mixing bowl.  Add to food processor: celery, carrots.  Process, then add: chicken, parsley.  Process until you have ground meat.  Add meat and veggies to bowl with almond flour.  Add eggs, spices to bowl stir to combine.  Drop tablespoon size meatballs onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Bake at 350ยบ for 25 minutes.  Serve!

Tomato Sauce
14 oz. tomato paste
2 cups water
1 T. herbes de Provence
1 T. sea salt
1 T. balsamic vinegar
1 T. minced garlic

In saucepan, bring all ingredients to boil.  Decrease heat to low, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until sauce is slightly thicker.  Serve.


Proof!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment