Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pineapple Chicken Fajitas

I have been on a mission to find easy, quick recipes.  I have been spending so much time in the kitchen cooking some amazing recipes, but some of them just take too long.  When I came across a recipe in a Taste of Home magazine I knew I could change it up just a bit and it would be the quick recipe I needed.  It was so fast, easy and delicious!


Pineapple Chicken Fajitas
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 T. olive oil
1 each green, red, yellow peppers, thinly sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 T. fajita seasoning mix
1/4 c water
1 T. honey
1 t. garlic powder
1 T. dried parsley flakes
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c pineapple chunks (or more if you really like pineapple)


In large skillet, cook chicken in oil for about 5 minutes.  Add peppers and onion; cook and stir for an additional 5 minutes.  In small bowl, combine fajita seasoning, water, honey, garlic powder, parsley, salt.  Stir into skillet.  Add pineapple.  Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.  Done!  Enjoy with some lettuce wraps or over cauliflower rice.





No comments:

Post a Comment