Monday, November 8, 2010

Meat n Potatoes

Sorry for not posting for a whole month!  I took a month off of trying new recipes to just make ones we know and like.  :)  Now I am back to it!  I took a tour of my fridge and found some veggies that I needed to use up, paired them up with some meatballs and sausage and created a tasty casserole.  You will notice some dark purple chunks - those are purple potatoes!  They came in our veggie box - I had never had them before, yum!
Meat n Potatoes
3 small heads chopped broccoli
3 small purple potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 medium carrots, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 pound Polish sausage, halved and cut into chunks
1/2 pound ground bison
1 1/2 cups beef broth
garlic powder and lemon pepper to taste


In large bowl combine veggies.  Sprinkle with desired amount of garlic powder and lemon pepper.  Grease 9x13 pan and place veggies inside.  Next add sausage chunks.  Shape bison into little meatballs.  Add to pan.  Pour broth over casserole.  Sprinkle a little more garlic powder and lemon pepper to make sure meat is seasoned.  Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 1 hour.  



No comments:

Post a Comment