Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Potato" Salad

It is finally warm here in Colorado.  Let the BBQ season begin!  Woo hoo!  We made grilled bison burgers, grilled asparagus and "Potato" Salad last weekend.  The whole meal made me so happy for 2 reasons.  1.  It was DELICIOUS!  2. It reminded me summer is coming.  Yay!  So, I am not a big fan of plain cauliflower, but I can't even tell it is the substitute for potato in this dish!  It is the best trick!  I will be making my "potato" salad this way from now on.  Think I can trick anyone else?  hee hee  :)




"Potato" Salad
1 head cauliflower
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 T parsley, finely chopped
2 eggs, hard boiled and diced

1 small pickle, diced
3 T. olive oil 
mayo
1/2 T. yellow
 mustard
1/4 t. 
celtic sea salt

dash celery salt
pepper to taste
Chop cauliflower into small florets.  Put cauliflower through food processor with shredding blade attached.  Put shredded cauliflower into covered bowl and microwave for 4 minutes (or until cauliflower is tender).  Allow cauliflower to cool.  Add onion, eggs, pickle, parsley.  Stir in mayo, mustard, sea salt, celery salt, pepper.  Serve. 


This is my modified version of Elana's Pantry's original recipe for "No Potato Salad."



No comments:

Post a Comment