Monday, April 12, 2010

Easy Roasted Chicken and Carrots

I must be busy because I find myself going to the easy recipes lately.  This one required such little preparation, I was able to spend some time out of the kitchen getting other things done.  Yay!  :)  And we still got to enjoy a very tasty dinner.  Thanks for the great recipe idea thespunkycoconut.com!


Easy Roasted Chicken and Carrots
6 chicken thighs
5 carrots, peeled and sliced
sea salt
rosemary
herbes de provence (The Spice Hunter)
olive oil

Grease 9x13 dish with olive oil.  Fill with sliced carrots.  Sprinkle carrots with rosemary and drizzle little olive oil on top.  Season chicken with sea salt, rosemary, herbes de provence.  Top carrots with chicken. Roast at 450º for 45 minutes.  Remove from oven and let sit for about 10 minutes.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Ok. I am 33 years old. For the first time in my whole life, tonight I actually LIKED a vegetable! The carrots in this are HEAVENLY. I used fresh rosemary (got lucky and had it on hand). It felt so good to actually enjoy a vegetable and not feel as if I was force feeding myself because of the vitamins and nutrients in the veggies.
    Thank you Marlena! This one will definitely be made again, possibly with other veggies...we could be on to something!=)

    PS...the chicken was a hit as well.

    ReplyDelete