Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Buffalo Chili















Buffalo Chili
2 lbs ground buffalo
1 c. chopped onion
3 cloves garlic
2-4 T. pork fat
2 c. canned chopped tomatoes
4 T. chili powder
1t. dry oregano
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. salt
1 c. water

Brown buffalo with chopped onion and chopped garlic, in fat. Then add chopped tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and salt. Add water, then simmer the mixture for at least 2 hours, until the meat is very tender and the tomatoes cook in the sauce. 4 hours is not too much, but check to make sure it doesn't go dry.


I have recently learned that I LOVE buffalo meat. So, when I came across this chili recipe that uses ground buffalo I knew I had to try it - and I am so glad I did. This bean-less chili tasted amazing and was so easy to make! I know it was good when I claimed the leftovers before Dean. I had it the next day and it was just as great warmed up! Perfect cold weather food that I will be making many more times this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment